Heads ’n’ Tails Pet Services Coming To Penarth

Pippa-Marie SheppardCommunity

A new pet service is coming to Penarth, offering a wide range of treatments that your canines will be sure to love.  Fiona Bishop, who owns Heads ’n’ Tails, has made the decision to expand her business into the town after having already proven popular amongst the community. She said: “I have worked as a dog groomer for 8 years … Read More

Welsh rugby legend Sir Gareth Edwards helps charity Horatio’s Garden to plant hope at University Hospital llandough, Cardiff

Designed by two-time RHS Chelsea Gold Medal winner Sarah Price, Horatio’s Garden Wales will soon be helping people affected by spinal cord injury “Having spent a lifetime playing, watching and supporting rugby, I know having a Horatio’s Garden would have meant a lot to many friends who have experienced spinal injuries whilst playing the beloved game,” says Sir Gareth Edwards, who … Read More

Year 3 Pupils Walking Mile A Day For Barnardos

Pippa-Marie SheppardCharity, Community

Year 3 pupils at Ysgol Pen Y Garth are on a mission to fundraise money for Barnardos, in a bid to support their teacher who will be leaving the school to work for the charity.  Mrs Katie Simmons, who is in her seventh year of teaching at the school,  said: “I was in need of a new challenge in my … Read More

Christmas Trivia

Katherine PeachChristmas, Community, Creative, Featured

Have we got our Santa thinking hats on? Because it’s time for Christmas trivia! Christmas trivia quizzes is a Christmas party favourite of ours. You can do it in teams or battle it out individually. You can do it at work or with your friends and family. Either way, we’ve got lots of fun festive questions (and answers below) for … Read More

Christmas at Cosmeston 2021

Katherine PeachChristmas, Community, Events, Fashion, Kids

After the big success of their Halloween at Cosmeston event earlier this year, Christmas is coming to Cosmeston. Jam-packed full of fun festive things, it’s an event you can’t afford to miss. You’ll see Cosmeston come to life after dark. It’s an experience for the whole family, with light illumination the Medieval Village and the surrounding trees, special effects and … Read More

Christmas Experience at Forage 2021

Katherine PeachChristmas, Community, Events

With the festive season fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about Christmas celebrations! This year, a magical Christmas Experience will take place at Forage Farm Shop & Kitchen. As evening draws in, an interactive family show hosted by a cheeky Elf will immerse ticket holders in the world of all things Christmassy! Following the show, attendees can throw a … Read More

31 Days Of December

December is an exciting time for most, with Christmas lights dazzling our town and days filled with laughter, cosy socks and warm drinks. Here at Penarth View, we’ve put together a calendar of activities that you and your children can do each day of this festive month. 1st: Winter forest trail 2nd: Ice skating 3rd: Decorate an outdoor tree 4th: … Read More

A – Z Outdoor Winter Scavenger Hunt

Don’t let the cold stop you from having fun outdoors this winter. Wrap up warm, fill up your travel mug with a hot drink and take a family walk around the community using our A – Z Scavenger Hunt! A- Acorn B- Bug C- Christmas Tree D- Decorations E- Evergreen Tree F- Fish  G- Gnome H- Holly  I- Ice  J- … Read More

Mayor begins Remembrance commemorations

Penarth Town Mayor, Cllr. Ian Buckley began Remembrance commemorations today, with the lowering of a Remembrance flag at West House Community Garden. It is an appropriate setting as, like in previous years, Council Facilities and Open Spaces Development Officer, Mark Hooper has created a wonderful Remembrance display in the garden to commemorate the lives lost in past conflicts. The display features the silhouette of the Unknown Tommy and a handmade spitfire adorned … Read More

“My Covid Experience” A Photographic Exhibition

Pippa-Marie SheppardCommunity, Events

12th – 14th November 2021: Stanwell Church Community Hall Opening reception 7.30pm Friday 12th November To both commemorate some of the sad experiences of the time of Covid whilst at the same time looking ahead in celebration to a time of rebuilding and re-connecting, Eden Church and Stanwell Rd Baptist Church are opening the doors of their community hall for the opening of its Photographic Exhibition. Over the weekend of 12th – 14th November a photo … Read More