Words by Ceri Maunder and Kate Richards
Spring is in the air and it goes without saying it’s one of our favourite times of the year –The great Spring Cleans begin.
Do you ever wonder why we spring into cleaning mode as the last of the winter days leave us?
There are some interesting thoughts out there as to the origin of the term “Spring Clean” Some believe it’s from an old Jewish belief of ensuring the ridding of the smallest remnants of prohibited foodstuff, in anticipation of Passover.
Some believe it comes from an old Chinese tradition that a thorough clean of the home is done shortly after the Chinese new year in the attempt to rid the house of any bad luck or misfortune.
Some believe it originates from a more westernised practical 19th century custom that March introduces warmer days, and it’s the best time for dusting because its warm enough for windows and doors to be open, allowing the wind to carry the dust out of the house, but not so warm to keep insects at bay.
Whatever the origin might be, we all seem to love a good clean when spring approaches so here are some of our top Eco Home Clean tips to a quick, effective and of course Nontoxic clean.
- Stock up on White Vinegar and baking soda. These two products combined make a fierce cleaning product that will melt away the stubborn established baked on grease and grime in the oven whilst blasting those clogged sink pipes clear.
- Lemons! These citrus fruits are not just good for your pancakes. Pop them in a bowl of hot water and put in the microwave for 2 minutes and easily wipe away the splattering’s of spag bol and exploded bake beans with minimal effort. Not only that get your chrome shiny and pinging with a gentle rub of a lemon.
- Coconut oil is well known for its cooking properties but did you know it’s fantastic as furniture polish as well? Gently rub over your furniture to give even the tardiest piece of furniture a new lease of life.
- Use up the last of the Christmas booze to make yourself non-toxic room spray. Pop a few tablespoons of Vodka and a few drops of your favourite essential oils top up with water and you have yourself a divine natural room spray! We love our Summer citrus spray.
- It’s a job we all hate but with this natural easy hack your toilet will be gleaming and smelling fresh in no time. Pop some baking soda, vinegar and tea tree oil in an empty spray bottle and use as a daily toilet cleanser.
We love using natures cleaning products, they smell SO good and clean so effectively but aside from this, they are so much better for your health and wellbeing keeping your children and pets safe as well as helping protect the environment.
Here at Eco home and Commercial clean we ONLY use products that bear this in mind. What point is there having a clean home or workplace that’s silently killing you after all? With over 200 residential homes across Cardiff and The Vale and many commercial spaces from tiny to very large scale, our teams are experienced, vetted and fully insured. Get in touch with us for your free no obligation quotation on 08448040624 and see how we can help you spring into Spring both at home and in your workplace!