Following the launch of the Food Hall at Hamptons last year, owners Andy Bradshaw and Peter Knowles have used the lockdown time since Christmas to increase and enhance their food offering.
The area devoted to food upstairs at the Ludlow Lane store has now significantly increased to allow the introduction of new product categories. Andy said; “There was such an amazing reaction to the launch of the Food Hall last year, that we decided to offer our customers even more choice by giving more space to our collection of artisan foods.”
The big challenge for Andy and Peter was how to create more space for the Food Hall without detracting from the rest of the store and reducing the choice of other products.
Peter explained: “After considering all the options we decided to incorporate our office and store room into the main shop area.” Lockdown provided Andy and Peter with the perfect opportunity to undertake what turned out to be quite a radical project.
In addition to creating more space for the Food Hall the project has also created additional space for new kitchen and dining products, home interiors and fashion accessories. With new lighting and flooring throughout, the whole of the upstairs at Hamptons has been transformed into a light and airy space that’s filled with an amazing selection of products.
Here are some of the products that’ll be available:
- World foods
- Cured and smoke meats and fish
- Chilled ready meals including vegetarian and vegan
- Butter, cream, milk, yoghurt and eggs
- Fablas Ice Cream
- Pasta and Rice
- Cakes, cookies, biscuits and shortbread
- Savoury biscuits and crackers
- Chocolate and confectionery
- Oils, dressings, sauces and condiments
- Chutneys, relishes and pickles
- Marmalades, preserves and nut butters
- Baking ingredients and baking kits
- Artisan gins and bottled beers
- Handmade lemonades, ginger beers and soft drinks
- Gift hampers